Thursday, June 17, 2010

Some Days You Gotta Dance

Live it up when you get the chance
'Cause when the world doesn't make no sense
And you're feeling just a little to tense
Gotta loosen up those chains and dance

-Dixie Chicks

It’s true. 

I almost never go out.  I just don't allow myself to.  Its one of those pride things. It’s one of those, “I’m a bad mom if I admit I need a little break” things.  Well, let me tell you…some days you have GOT to give in.  Allow yourself sanity for goodness sake.  I dragged the hubby out to a local wine bar to hear an old acquaintance perform.  My mom (yes, my mom) and her Jack met us there.  We really had a lot of fun.  Hubby and Jack ate like men, and Mom and I laughed like idiots, and teased my mom about Siobhan Magnus’s famous hand wave all night (she does it, whether she knows it or not).  I just get crazy you know? I mean like cabin fever crazy.  And also like overwhelmingly zonked out crazy like I’m not sure if I can handle one more whine, cry, scream, or tantrum over a toy, a treat, or a mean word that someone said. 

That is all.  I just wanted to share that little thought.  You’re not a bad person if you need a few hours to get away.  Sometimes Calgon doesnt always help ;). 

<3 Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment